Yesterday DH suggested to me in the mildest possible tones that since the yarn is all over our house anyway, and piled high on my bed, and takes us at least a third of our closet I could clear out my UFO/WIP cabinet. This way DS #1, who is now living at home could have some closet space.
I said I would. And I have been clearing the shelves today bit by bit.
I don’t think I had looked into this cabinet much in the last year and a half, unless I was stuffing another “project I did not want to look at for a while” into the depth.
Here is what I found so far:
1. A Pink Elephant Tush – actually, I think I now know how to attach feet to it so I can go on knitting. At least up to the head.
2. About 10″ of a vest I started knitting for myself 5 years ago. I got it off the needles and found out that I can now wrap it around myself one and a half times. Yes, I have lost lots of weight. Or really miscalculated that gauge. Anyway I am going to frog it and wind it into a ball tonight. It will be perfect for my new “Grape Wined” Shawl. I am using “Ripe Persimmon” pattern by Taiga Hilliard Designs. I got it for my Gift-A-Long project. By the way I can not resist giving it a plug here. Through Friday 15.000 patterns of participating independent designers are 25% off with coupon code “giftalong2015”.
3. An almost finished baby sweater that only need steeking. It has been like that for 10 years.
4. Two crochet vests started 4 years ago. I stopped because I got pregnant. I think it is time to reasses and finish them.
5. An almost done vest I knit for DS #2. It only needs an armhole finished and zipper put in. DS is not going to fit into it now. Come to think of it, this is why I put it aside last year. But… I got to see if it will fit DS #3.
6. A never finished Bar-Mitzvah Vest for DS#1. The kid is now 18. But… I looked at the cables and I love what I did there. So I think I am going to write it down, then rip it out and re-knit for another kid.
7. A bunch of knit and crochet baby hats I like to have on hand to give out as gifts. I could not find them for a while.
8.Two EZ Baby Surprise Sweaters. One with very pretty buttons, ready to wear. Another needs buttons and weaving in the ends.
9. Four sets of really good DPNs, one crochet hook and a few stitch markers.
10. Lots and lots of really wonderful yarn.
Now I need to figure out where I want to put it all.