I spend most of the last week knitting the Happy Sweater for DD #4. I am in live with the yarn, probably because the bright cheerful colors can chase away grumpy mood from even the sourest person.
But after binding off the bottom and the neck I was not so sure that I wanted to knit the sleeves.
Thing is, I tried it on DD, and while she was screeching with pleasure I could see that the neck opening was way too wide (her shoulders fit into it) and the sweater itself was way too wide around her torso. It looked… strange…
So it was in timeout for a few days wile I caught up on knitting the sweater for DD 5.
Saturday night after the Shabbos was over I pulled out my unhappy Happy Sweater again and tried it on DD 4. Then I asked an opinion from DD 1, who is always ready and willing to burst my bobble looked at is and concurred with me that it looked wrong.
You know, I did not feel even the tiny bit sorry when I opened up the bind off on the bottom of the sweater. I decided that instead of ripping the it out I will do a sweater to sweater transfusion.
At this point I am half-way through the raglan increases and hopefully by the time DD will come home in two hours it will be ready to try on again.
I am not in the least way upset about having to re-knit the sweater. After all I am getting double mileage out of the yarn I love. And it looks like I will have enough left over to knit a smaller sweater for DD 5!
P.S. I did it!!!
She just came home, I tried it on her and the sweater looks so much better! I have now separated the sleeves and knitting the body of the sweater. I’m gonna get this baby done real fast!