OK, I am not sure what is going on, but it feels as if our mazel (luck) has reached it’s expiration date. Here is what happened in the lest 24 hours in chronological order:
1. DD #4 started running the fever again. She is feeling a lot better now, but has spent about 4 hours in my and DH’s hands screaming hysterically.
2. Our washing machine died. Now this one is a biggy, because we need it to wash laundry every night. Laundromat is way too expensive. Also we were counting on selling it. I spent hours last night deluding myself that I can make it better. I could not. So far the repairman has not called me back.
3. In the morning DD #2 woke up with a really high fever.
4. We had to run some errands and our car died. The resuscitation will cost us about $300.00, and that is not counting the cost of towing it around the block. But later about the tow adventure. We were stuck in a cold car about 45 minutes away from home for an hour and a half waiting for the tow track!
5. Today was the first day DD #3 went back to school after being sick. She came home and I could see right away that the fever was back. So, now she is also sick.
On the positive side of things I have finally felted both pairs of my new slippers! They have came out very, very nicely. Thank G-d I did it before the washer died! They are almost dry now and are nicely fuzzy. Hopefully I will be able to publish the pattern this week.
Another positive was the ride with the tow truck. Yes, not in the tow truck, that would not be so interesting. We actually got to sit in our car us it was dragged around the block and then pushed into the gas station. Sitting in a car that was hoisted up pretty high (and felt pretty wobbly) was exciting and scary at the same time. DH kept telling me not to laugh, so I would not unbalance the car. Of course, this made me laugh even harder, which made him crack up.
Unfortunately, the part we need did not get to the shop today. I hope it will make it there tomorrow.
At least I can look forward to tomorrow. I am going sewing to my friend Tamar. I have bravely dived into my coat closet to liberate my fabric stash. I actually enjoyed working off my frustration on that closet and almost finished cleaning it out.